Clarity AI Webinar: Just How Sustainable Are Article 9 Funds
European regulatory authorities are leading the global transition to a more sustainable economy through multiple linked regulatory initiatives, all seeking to manage capital flows toward sustainable investments. Central to this has been the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR).
But are these regulations succeeding? Clarity AI research team has analyzed 750 Article 9 funds to understand the extent that their investments can be considered “sustainable” under Article 2(17). The findings show that some of the Article 9 funds in the market are falling short of complying with the do no significant harm criteria.
In this webinar, our presenters reviewed the following:
- SFDR Classification of Article 6, 8, and 9 funds
- Defining sustainable investment in relation to SFDR Article 2(17)
- SFDR Implementation Timeline and impending 2023 disclosures
- Article 9 Fund Disclosures (Funds with companies that cause significant harm)
- Violations of the UN Global Compact Principles for the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- Violation reporting via EETs
- Fund downgrades by fund managers
- Implications for asset managers, asset owners and wealth managers